DB Engine is a light weight flat file database engine for Php.
Each DB Engine database is a folder where tables are tsv files (tabs separated variables, with field names in the first line).
DB Engine can work simultaneously on several databases.
An important feature of DB Engine is that a table can belong to more than one database (for instance, you can use a database for each site and an overall database for the administration of all the sites).
- Complete set of functions to fullfill most needs
- Where clauses
- Sort orders on fields
- Table joints
- fastFetch and fastUpdate functions for loaded contexts
- Auto-increment fields for insert
- Enhanced file locking system with random and exponential delays
- Lock / unlock of a list of tables
- Cache to speed up operations
- Can work on large files
- Usage of field names
- Log file to monitor file locking system (retries, fails...)
- Debug mode to display run-time warnings
- Only one file to include ( 20Kb (5Kb zipped) with comprehensive function and variable names )
- You can include a second file for debug functions: table list and dump
DB Engine was developped for the solely usage of the e-Planet network.